You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Collections’ tag.
Well, I love drinking tea.
And I love cups and saucers.
I’ve got a bit of a collection now.
Some I’ve acquired for myself.
Some I’ve inherited.
Some are gifts from my family.
And I think they are lovely!
A few years ago, for my birthday, we went to our favourite picnic spot and set up for High Tea. Some guests were shocked that I had brought along my tea cups for the occasion – there were more than a couple of “but they’re too good to bring out here” kind of comments. Well, I think that if they are too good for me and my loved ones to use, then what’s the point of them.
It was fun as each person chose their cup and saucer (some of the big boys preferred big mugs, and that was OK, too) to tell the story of how each cup came to be in my collection –
* the one that my great grandmother used to use every day *
* the one my mum won as a prize in a diving competition when she was a girl *
* the ones bought at a little tiny pottery tucked away on some acreage on one of our trips to the coast *
* the ones that came from my grandmother’s house, complete with paint splatter (she never drank tea in her life, and she repainted her kitchen every year) *
* the one given to me by my children for mother’s day . . . *
I love that my collection is a working one. No, I’m not leaving them tucked away in a cupboard (although they do reside in our lovely old kitchen cabinet) for safekeeping till I’m gone. They are used regularly – and for me, that’s how it should be!
What do you collect in your world?